• Country of Origin – USA
• Body Style – 7 Passenger Sedan
• Engine – 8 Cylinder 5785cc; 3-speed Manual
• Right Hand Drive built for the export market
• Unique opportunity to buy a highly original car, in preservation condition
• Completely unrestored and in running condition, ready to compete in any reputable concours event
• Preservation class car of this heritage will add depth to any collection
• Style 34663; Body by Fisher
• Build & Dispatch Records from GM – Documents received from the GM Heritage Center
• Number of replacement parts and an original steel luggage trunk come with the car
• Comes with various service manuals and literature
• Third owner from new, paperwork up to date and available for transfer
For 1934 Cadillac introduced a more streamlined design that featured teardrop-shaped headlamps, airfoil-shaped front and rear fenders, sloping windshield and a rear deck that covered the chassis. The body design is a dramatic departure from the 1933 models and marked the beginning of the streamlined era. Overall, the bodies were two inches lower than the 1933 models. New streamlined “biplane” bumpers looked very stylish, but not used beyond 1934, as they proved to be expensive to produce and lacked strength.
The 1934 model year was a year of many firsts for Cadillac, one of which was the implementation of “Knee Action” independent front suspension, the short and long arm (SLA) front suspension offering much superior ride characteristics than before. Engineer Maurice Olley, who came to General Motors from Rolls-Royce of America after its demise in 1930, was responsible for the research and design of IFS for Cadillac. Another significant alteration for the 1934 Cadillacs was its new X-frame that improved the rigidity of the frame “many times over that of previous models.”
The car presented here is a rare seven-passenger Imperial Sedan, in highly original condition. It was originally owned by the Governor of Central Provinces, Sir Balwant Sharma, and used for State
purposes and touring the provinces, pre-Independence. Sometime in the 1950s, it was purchased by Narendra Singh Rathore of Raipur, and subsequently bought by the current owner in 2009, still in its original condition. New white wall tyres were fitted, and the entire mechanicals fully overhauled. It featured in the 2013 Cartier Travel with Style Concours d’Elegance in Mumbai, as part of the Preservation Class.
This is an excellent opportunity to add a desirable car with a great history to one’s collection. The new owner may preserve it in as-is condition, or undertake an easy restoration of the paint, upholstery and chrome.