• Country of Origin – India
• Body Style – Military Utility Vehicle
• Engine – 4 Cylinder 2200cc; Manual
• Right Hand Drive
• No Reserve, project vehicle
• Ex-Indian Army
• Auctioned to celebrate Swarnim Vijay Varsh commemorating 50 Years of India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 War
• Proceeds to be donated to an Army Veterans Welfare Group
To celebrate Swarnim Vijay Varsh – commemorating 50 years of India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war, an ex Indian army Mahindra Jeep CJ-3B project is being auctioned, to benefit an Army Veterans welfare group. This is the short – 81 inches wheelbase Jeep.
It came with a three-speed gearbox and a part-time four-wheel drive transfer case, with one lever for switching between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive, a shorter one to switch between four-wheel drive high ratio to neutral and low-ratio. The CJ3Bs were powered by 2.2 litre Hurricane petrol engines with 72 bhp of power and 154 Nm of torque. Here is an opportunity to acquire a cult classic project vehicle that needs cosmetic and mechanical restoration. All parts needed for restoration are easily available, thanks to the thriving jeep restoration hobby.
The Winning Bidder will not only win the project vehicle but will also win hearts, with the entire proceeds of the sale being contributed to the extremely noble cause of Army Veterans Welfare.